+86-28-86707597 sales@budgettibettour.com
Budget Price & Quality Service, Your Smart and Wise Choice!

Can I get my Tibet permit in New York (London, Pairs, Hong Kong)?

For tours from April to October, the Tibet permit will generally be issued to your tour company only about 5 or 6 days before the trip starts. There is no DHL or UPS courier service in Lhasa, so firstly, there is no enough time to courier the permit to New York. Considering your permit will not be checked out of China, so secondly, it's pointless to courier the permit to New York. There is no direct international flight (except from Kathmandu) to Lhasa, so anyway, you have to connect another domestic flight from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Chengdu to Lhasa, and your permit will only be checked at airport in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Chengdu. Based on the above reasons, your tour company will just courier the permit to your hotel in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Chengdu where you connect another flight to Lhasa. You can get your Tibet permit upon check-in at your hotel. Normally, a 3 days' courier from Lhasa can reach any big city in China; so, you can receive your permit from the hotel about 2 or 3 days before the trip.


The above situation only applies to those who take flight into Lhasa from a certain Chinese city, if you take train into Lhasa. The permit scan copy can be sent to you immediately by email when your tour company gets the permit for you 5 or 6 day before the trip. You just need print out the permit and bring along on the train for the possible checking.

Travelers' Questions Might Help

The questions raised by our past customers can help you get a more clear picture about tours to Tibet, read them or tell us your own questions via the form on the right side, our specialists will reply you within 24 hours.

user portrait Ms. Ho*** from: When to get my Tibet permit

Hello, we are considering to travel in Tibet in summer. We are a family of 5, two adults and three kids, age 13(then), 10, 8. We are interested in the 10 days Mt. EBC & Namtso Lake Group tour. We are US citizens with valid 10-year Chinese multiple entry visa, which we have applied when we went to Beijing in 2019. We are currently living in South Korea.  


1. Are kids suitable (or even allowed) for this tour?  

2. If kids can join, are there any discount deals for kids?

Answered by Helen

Dear Ms. Ho***,

    Greetings from Helen at Budget Tibet Tour and welcome you to join our 10 days Mt. Everest & Namtso Lake group tour. For your questions: 1. Your kids are suitable for this tour. Travelling in Tibet is as safe for kids as it is for their parents. While the high Tibetan plateau may be the highest place on the planet, very often, the kids that visit this region are more adaptable and have fewer problems than their parents. We also have arranged wonderful Tibet tours for many families with kids such as a tour to EBC for a family with a 3-year-old son, a 9-year-old girl and a 11-year-old boy, they did have fun in Tibet and there is no problem for them. Or you can take some medicine under the guidance of doctor to prevent high altitude before enter Tibet. 2. If kids travel with you, we'll offer some discount for them, please check your email and find more detailed information. Thanks & Regards

Email to Helen about any question or tell us your own questions via the form on the right side

Quick Question Form
Tell us your question in this quick inquiry form, we will reply you within 24 hours.
8 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu Himalayan Panoramic Tour