Nepal to Tibet Tours:
The mystic Buddhism and breathtaking diversified landscapes make Nepal - the kingdom of the Himalayas, a popular destination for travelers over the world, thus Nepal is also known as the heaven for the tourists. Neighboring to Nepal, Tibet stands aloof on the roof of the world; this forbidden land of the Himalayas also attracts countless globe travelers despite of many barriers.
While many tourists prefer to do Tibet to Nepal overland tour to visit these two destinations, yet, for some reasons, a large number of tourists plan to visit Nepal before Tibet. The visa and permit policy to enter Tibet from Nepal differs from entering from Chinese proper; here we present you some first-hand information about how to get Tibet tours from Nepal with ease based on our years of experience, hope you will find it helpful.
- For tourists plan to enter Tibet from Nepal, they need a Chinese Group Visa issued by the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu, the visa is the only voucher for you to enter Tibet from Nepal. That is to say it is useless to have any Chinese visa obtained in any other country.
- The Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu accepts group visa application form from 9 AM till 2 PM from Monday till Friday, but it distributes approved Chinese visa from 10 AM till 4 PM only on each visa-working-day, that is Monday, Wendsday and Friday.
- The Chinese Group Visa fee charged by the Chinese Embassy in Kaththmandu is shown below depends on nationality and urgency. And our partner visa agent in Kathmandu will charge you USD 20 per person as service fee.
Normal Urgent Top Urgent American Passport Holder USD 140 USD 155 USD 175 Other Nationality USD 50 USD 65 USD 85
Note: Normal: 3 working days; Urgent: 2 working days; Top Urgent: 1 working day
The working day refers to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- If you want to fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu, a Group Tourist Visa is enough for you to get on board of flight, and our guide will pick you up at the airport in Lhasa with the original TTB permit.
- If you plan to travel to Tibet by overland, our guide will bring the original permit to pick you up at Zhangmu, a Chinese border town next to Nepal. You just need finish your immigration formalities before meeting our guide.
Tibet permit will be issued several days later after the letter from the TTB is issued.
Nepal to Tibet overland tour via Everest Base Camp - 8 days
Nepal to Tibet overland tour without EBC - 7 days
Nepal to Tibet overland tour plus Mt. Kailash - 13 days
Nepal to Tibet overland tour plus Mt. Kailash & Guge Kingdom - 16 days
- Lhasa Holy City Tour - 4 Days
( Explore Lhasa city, to see the most important sights in Lhasa )
- Holy Lhasa plus Sky Lake Tour - 5 Days
( Lhasa sightseeing-Namtso Lake <Sky Lake>-Lhasa )
- To be Tibetan Tour - 5 Days
( Lhasa sightseeing; Experience Tibetan life; Learn Tibetan tradition )
- Legendary Ancient Cities Tour - 6 Days
( Lhasa-Gyantse'shigtse-CLhasa )
- Tibetan Switzerland View Tour - 5 Days
( Nyingchi-Basumtso Lake-Lhasa )
- Lhasa to Nepal Friendship Highway Tour - 8 Days
( Lhasa-Gyantse'shigase'sakya-Mt.Everest-Zhangmu )